Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rainbow Beach

Whoever said Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away must have been looking at the Rainbow Beach in Dhanushkoti. I don’t know what its real name is, I don’t even think if it has a name, I don’t care if it’s got a name, but for me, it will always be the Rainbow Beach. It is one of the most beautiful beaches I have come across. The tall waves crashing into the white sand and the foam result in a beautiful kaleidoscope of hues that is truly a sight to behold.


The sea and the sky look like they are competing with each other to be the best shade of blue that can be. I never realised until then how much colours affect me, and the fact that blue is my favourite just added to the entire magical experience. How I wish I had a sail boat to tackle those waves!!!


As I stood there and stared at the fury of the sea as wave after wave of colours came toward me, I was glad that this beach had escaped the vulgar exploitation that afflicts some of the best beaches in India. There was not a single soul present there and this small temple with its incomprehensible inscriptions and flowers stood guard over the pristine wonder.


IF there was a place where the Rainbow truly ends, it must be this, and I want to return to it to find my pot of gold!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh... lovely is just one word.